Wellness Programs & Outreach Services
The following services are offered at the Margaret Todd Senior Center in partnership with the Novato Independent Elders Program (NIEP). NIEP is a program of Episcopal Senior Communities, a nondenominational nonprofit organization. NIEP operates out of the Margaret Todd Senior Center and is dedicated to improving the quality of life for Novato seniors. Club and/or Center membership is encouraged in order to participate in the wellness programs and outreach services. For more information on any of the programs listed below, please visit the Novato Independent Elders Program website, or call (415) 899-8296.
Eat Well Services
- Margaret Todd Cafe – Lunch provided by Good Earth Natural Foods, Tues-Thurs., starts at Noon
- Brown Bag Program – Every Wednesday, 1pm-2pm.
- Senior Produce Market – 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, 10-11am.
- Home-Delivered Grocery Program
Be Well Services
- Equipment Loans – Wheelchairs and walkers only.
- Blood Pressure Clinics – 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month, 10am-12pm.
- Prescription Drop-Off Program – 1st Monday of each month.
Information & Assistance
- Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP)
- Legal Services – 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month, please call for an appointment
- Postal Carrier Alert Program
- Senior Housing Information
- Victim/Witness Protection Program
- Educational Workshops
- Senior Center Without Walls
- Telephone Reassurance Program
- Citizenship Class – Tuesdays from 4-5:30pm.
- English as a Second Language – Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2-3:45pm.
- Alma Latina